Are you a master at building relationships? If you also bring a high level of integrity and sense of urgency to the table, then you could be our next Planner/Scheduler at Welbilt's Manitowoc Ice facility*.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
Under moderate supervision, the Planner/Scheduler function is responsible for manufacturing production planning and control work to optimize the use of resources and meet production schedules and standards including: planning and controlling production schedules and coordinating with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials, estimating and scheduling the human resources, tools, and equipment needed for the production process, researching, evaluating, and recommending changes to production processes, systems, technology, or equipment to enhance organization's production capabilities. Measures and records material and production costs and preparing production/resource scheduling and production work plans. This level requires knowledge of operational procedures and tools obtained through work experience.
Reporting directly to the Master Scheduler, this position is based in Manitowoc, Wisconsin*.
- Optimize the use of resources to meet production schedules.
- Reporting operational metrics to assist in monthly forecasting.
- Provide liaison between Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Shipping.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Plans, schedules production activities by sequencing individual work centers.
- Maintains and reports complete and accurate information on Production Schedules and goals.
- Ensures optimum capacity for all production resources.
- Establishes guidelines for production orders to provide schedule balance.
- Analyzes work flow and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement to maximize manpower and equipment.
Qualifications - Internal
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 4 years of experience in manufacturing resource planning and scheduling.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and work flows
- Basic software application skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Interacts effectively with all levels of management and staff.