Do you enjoy driving continuous improvement, have a passion for leading others, and take pride providing superior technical support? Then look no further - your new career as Assistant Manager of Technical Service awaits you at Welbilt, Inc.
As an Assistant Manager of Technical Service - you will provide technical field service support and product/policy information to channel partners and customers; and will assure channel partner and customer issues are resolved to completion, while minimizing warranty and non-warranty costs. You will also participate and assist in various aftermarket service functions as required.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Field Service; this position is located in Manitowoc, WI at our Manitowoc Ice* facility.
We put the 'fast' in fast food and the refinement in fine dining. We put the icy refreshment in sodas and the 'rocks' in signature cocktails. Be part of an industry that touches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodservice innovation!
Essential Job Functions:
Provide phone and other means technical field service support and product/policy information to channel partner and customers. Establishes and maintain effective relationships with internal and/or external customers.
Negotiate and manage channel partner and customer satisfaction requests while controlling costs. Meet commitments and respond promptly to channel partner and customer requests.
Understand, implement, and interpret company service policies and procedures to channel partner and customers.
Express ideas and thoughts verbally and/or in written form, and possess a high degree of tact, diplomacy, problem solving skills and mature judgment.
Proficiency in use of company business systems and maintain technical and policy reference requirements. Participate in other areas of aftermarket service as requested.
- Technical Degree in Refrigeration; with a minimum of one year of experience in Refrigeration or Product/Customer Service is required. Will consider a minimum of four years of refrigeration field service or HVAC experience in lieu of education.
- Federally certified refrigerant handler (Type I and II, certification preferred).
- Experience working with Ice Machines is strongly preferred.
- Must be efficient, accurate and capable of a high volume call workload.
- Ability to clearly express ideas and thoughts - written and verbally.
- Possess a high degree of tact, diplomacy, problem solving skills and mature judgment.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong personnel management and interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity.
- Familiar and able to work with Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word and Excel.
•Known as America's #1 Selling Ice Machine, Manitowoc Ice designs and manufactures a complete range of cube, flake, and nugget ice machines, ice storage bins, and ice dispensers with 200+ models in ice-making capacities from 65 to 3,000 pounds per day. Our products can be found in hospitals, schools, hotels, restaurants, and convention centers all over the world. Welbilt, Inc. (formerly Manitowoc Foodservice) - designs, manufactures and supplies best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. Welbilt offers customers unparalleled operator and patron insights, collaborative kitchen solutions, culinary expertise and world-class implementation support and service, whether locations are around the corner or across the globe. With operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia, the company has a portfolio of best-in-class brands including Cleveland, Convotherm®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln, Manitowoc® Ice, Merco®, Multiplex®, Merrychef®, Servend® and Manitowoc® Beverage Systems.