Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc. (CPL) has immediate need of a Referral Support Specialist (Laboratory).
Clinical Pathology Laboratories, a member of the Sonic Healthcare USA family, is one of the largest medical reference laboratory systems in the nation. CPL is a full service medical laboratory that has served physicians and patients for over 60 years. CPL offers clinical and anatomic laboratory testing services to medical practices and facilities throughout the Southwest.
Responsible for delivering high quality service on every entry of referral laboratory test results into the Laboratory Information System (LIS) and timely communication to other supporting departments by varying means. Information is typed into the LIS using varying applicable formats ensuring accuracy and timely reporting to the healthcare provider. Responsible for performing any assigned clerical duties. Adheres to department policies and procedures to include department programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety.
- Integral component of the quality of laboratory services by providing accurate information upon which multiple processes are based
- Performs result entry into the LIS requiring basic computer skills such as keyboards, monitors, printers and fax machines
- Performs regularly scheduled and organized pending review and troubleshoots appropriately
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information relative to the laboratory. Adheres to all laboratory policies and procedures. Effectively and professionally communicates via written, face-to-face, telephone and computer methods with managers, co-workers and clients
- Ability to work as a team member in a production oriented environment