Recruiter - Engineering
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with hiring managers and HR leaders ('Clients') to evaluate hiring needs and define a unique search project approach specific to each assigned open job.
- Utilize leadership skills, influencing skills, a consulting approach, and considerable, demonstrable subject matter expertise to advise Clients in every step of the sourcing and hiring process.
- Leads 'scoping discussions' with clients to kick off each search.
- Draw upon considerable and demonstrable experience, knowledge, and skill to define and execute a search strategy for each assigned project which includes sourcing opportunities, candidate screening methodologies, progress reporting, and closing techniques.
- Objectively track progress toward success and develop and deploy necessary countermeasures to keep the project progressively moving forward to completion in a timely manner.
- Sourcing opportunities utilized will include proactive recruitment of passive candidates as well as screening incoming active candidates.
- Update all recruiting systems regularly and in a timely manner with process data throughout each project to enable accurate and timely reporting for business analysis purposes. Use closing techniques to advise and guide Clients in their decision processes to advance to the next step in the sourcing, screening, or hiring process. Advise Clients regarding suitability of offer terms necessary to gain acceptance or 'close' a hire.
- Advise candidates regarding the value of the Polaris offer package and utilize closing skills to assist Clients as needed in the process of extending and closing offers. Consult with Talent Acquisition leader, teammates, and cross-functional teams of HR Specialists and Business/Functional staff to research options, define offer package recommendations tailored to the candidate and hiring Manager's needs, and complete other actions necessary for successful project completion.
- Must be effective at working independently and with little direction required to execute responsibilities while consulting with Talent Acquisition leader as needed for resource needs, problem resolution, recommendations, and providing project updates.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE& EDUCATION:
- Require 3-5 plus years' recruiting experience
- Proactive, cold calling, networking, and passive recruiting roles.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Must have considerable and demonstrable experience cold calling and networking for candidates from both non-resume or non-job related sources, such as internet and social sites, as well as recruitment or job/career related sources such as job boards or resume databases.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication and interview skills for interacting with clients, and candidates.
- Prefer considerable and demonstrable experience reviewing and updating job specifications with Clients in order to identify and gain agreement on which are the true required skills and experiences vs. those attributes which are 'nice-to-have' but not absolutely required.
- Excellent collaboration skills required; ability to integrate well into new business teams and partnerships.
- Prefer experience with one or more leading technology recruiting management or applicant tracking software systems (i.e., Kenexa BrassRing). MS Office Suite proficiency required.
- Fast-paced office environment.
Must be willing to travel between two or more HQ office locations within the metro area as needed.