Opportunities with New West Physicians. Bring your passion for health care to New West Physicians in Colorado, a team committed to providing excellent service to every patient… every time. We’re not only one of the largest physician groups in Colorado with 21 offices throughout the Denver Metro area - we’re also part of Optum, a nationwide family of nearly 45,000 dedicated physicians working together to help people live their healthiest lives. That means we’re backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. For four consecutive years, New West Physicians achieved Elite status - the highest ranking - in the America’s Physician Groups Standards of Excellence Survey. In addition, New West Physicians was selected as one of the 2017 Million Hearts® Hypertension Control Champions by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and was the 2015 recipient of AMGA's National Acclaim Award recognizing high performing medical groups bringing the American health care system closer to the ideal delivery model: one that’s safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable. It’s all possible because of our highly qualified, board-certified family practice and internal medicine physicians, hospitalists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, neurologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and more. If this sounds like the place for you, it’s time to take a closer look at New West Physicians and discover a path to your life’s best work.(sm)
This position will be based out of our practice located at 1707 Cole Blvd. The schedule will be Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.
- Operate radiologic equipment to make clinical diagnostic x-ray films as directed by physicians and perform routine diagnostic procedures
- Explain the DXA/DEXA and BCA process to address patient concerns and questions
- Perform DXA/ DEXA and BCA exams as scheduled achieving a high level of quality and timeliness
- Ensure equipment is in working order and report equipment malfunctions to supervisor
- Select length and intensity of radiation exposure by adjusting equipment on individual patient basis
- Log radiologic procedures completed and process routine paperwork and file reports as requested
- Examine radiologic film for properties such as density and contrast, definition, magnification and distortion
- Stock necessary medical and radiologic supplies
- Authorize release of patients upon completion of radiologic examination
- Develop and process radiologic film; deliver films to the provider for reading/interpretation
- Clean and make minor adjustments to radiologic equipment
- Participate in training employees, residents and student technologists in equipment operation, patient movement and quality assurance
- Maintain the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about patients and clients including faxed information and couriered materials
- Process the films and necessary paperwork for films to be sent out for over-reads
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be
- High school diploma or GED
- Radiology Technologist or Radiology Practical Technician (ARRT certified) certification
- CPR certified or willing to obtain certification within 30 days of employment
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- ISCD Bone Densitometry certification required within 12-months of hire date
- 1+ years medical assistant experience in patient care
- Experience with electronic health records
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $20.77 to $36.88. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: ARRT, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, DEXA, DXA, ISCD, bone density, Golden, CO, Colorado