Humana Cares/Senior Bridge Care Management is seeking passionate, RN Home Care Clinical Educator/On-Call Nurse professional and leaders dedicated to delivering the highest quality in-home care management programs to complex chronically ill members enrolled in large health plans and managed care programs.
As a RN Home Care /On-Call Nurse you will provide direct care to members and their families according to the established plan of care. As a RN Home Care /On-Call Nurse you will provide a multidisciplinary approach to care.
The RN Home Care /On-Call Nurse position includes the following:
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es);
- Serves as case manager in all cases nursing and therapy for which he / she may be conducting assessments and visits;
- Is responsible for the clinical record for each patient receiving nursing services;
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs;
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change;
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis;
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process;
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician;
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs;
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty (60) days; assures that progress reports are made to the physician, physician assistant, or advanced nurse practitioner when the patient’s condition changes or there are deviations from the plan of care;
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Nurses that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every two (2) weeks.
- Participates in On-call rotation from 5:00PM-8:30 AM EST