Part-time RN needed to triage patient calls in a very busy Family Practice. Will deliver excellent patient care to adults and children. Must be able to multi-task and have excellent communication skills. EMR experience and NYS RN License required.
The RN plays a vital role in triaging patient phone calls, acting as a liaison between physicians and patients regarding test results or treatment plans, and providing patient education.
RN Job responsibilities:
- Receive, triage and respond to telephone calls from patients
- Provide patients with results, when appropriate, and instructions for treatment plans and follow-up
- Obtain prior approvals for medications as needed
- Prescription refill management
- Quality control of pathology and abnormal lab results
- Hours are Monday through Friday 4-9 pm