Registered Nurse (RN) – Cardiac PCU – Full-time, 7P - AACN - Silver Beacon unit!
Sign on Bonus $12K for eligible New Hires!
Are you looking for a rewarding career, tight-knit nursing team and top-notch benefits? We're looking for qualified Registered Nurse like you to join our Texas Health family.
- Work location: Texas Health Fort Worth, 1304 Pennsylvania Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Work environment: Our Cardiac Progressive Care Unit (C-PCU) is a 25-bed, AACN- Silver Beacon unit that provides an intermediate level of care to a wide variety of cardiac-medical patients at a 3:1 patient to nurse ratio.
- Work hours: Full/Part-time, 36/24 hours weekly, 3/2-12 hours shifts, 7:00 pm/am – 7:00 am/pm
- Salary range: $27.50 - $52.88 per hour (based on relevant experience)
- $12,000 sign-on bonus for eligible RN's (eligible upon hire with a signed retention agreement)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center
that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth opened a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Associate Degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred
- CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency (required)
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS – prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly required
- ACLS – within 90 days of hire required
- CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training – within 60 days of hire
- 1-year experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required
- PCU/Tele experience and/or Med/Surge experience preferred
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful RN will
- demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- maintain a positive, customer-focused attitude toward patients
- possess a strong work ethic and always display a high level of professionalism
- have basic computer skills using Medical management application systems
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
Why Texas Health
As a Texas Health RN you'll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a place you'll love to call home.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
- “America's Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
- Unlimited access to online continuing education for professional and career development. Plus, an RN Step Program including NCAP and a nursing certification test-prep content for specialty nurses.
- A Nursing Excellence Advisory Board to provide the framework and methodology for funding projects to improve the quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
- A strong shared governance structure featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses to shape their work environment.
- A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns?
Feel free to email your questions to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]