Why Welbilt? That's easy... we're not your typical manufacturing company. We're building the industry's most incredible foodservice equipment; we're thinking outside the box to work smarter, not harder through Lean/Six Sigma methodologies; and we're bringing innovation to life each and every day with the industry's most talented workforce. Check out our opening at Welbilt's Delfield facility*today!
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
The Quality Specialist I, is responsible for the administration of key functions in the quality/safety department, including inspection and audit of production components and/or processes for conformance to Quality specifications, data collection and database maintenance. Works closely with Engineering identifying product quality issues and concerns, and assisting Production workers to ensure product quality is maintained and a safe working environment.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Quality & EHS, this position is based in Covington, TN.
- Audit and inspect raw materials, components, sub-assemblies, and finished goods to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, and confer with management/engineering staff to communicate issues and concerns about material and product quality.
- Collect and analyze data, and maintain quality and safety information systems.
- Actively participate in root cause analyses, and assist in evaluating failure mode and defining corrective actions of failed components.
Perform other job-related duties as requested to support quality, production and engineering.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of quality & safety audits on products, components, and materials at various stages from incoming though final assembly to ensure compliance with engineering/quality/safety standards. Perform special audits upon request.
- Collect data and maintain database for product, component, and material Quality audits performed. Define methods of data collection to show product trends and quality levels.
- Provide guidance & assistance to production workers and supervisors to ensure product quality is maintained and safety items are addressed, including training and instructing production Supervisors and/or VSL Persons on quality/safety standards and inspection parameters.
- Work with engineering to interpret production quality issues and concerns, and assist in identifying & developing solutions by initiating activities involving manufacturing resources to improve existing standards, methods, and procedures.
- Participate in LPA's, on problem solving teams, and in Kaizen events.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software: Excel, Word, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Strong math/analytical capabilities. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Able to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work with engineering and manufacturing employees
- Must be able to work flexible hours if required
- Working knowledge of materials, mechanical and electrical devices.
- Demonstrated ability and manual dexterity to use a tape measure, micrometer, and caliper
- Experience with mechanical equipment, and manufacturing processes such as sheet metal, fabrication welding, assembly processes, electrical circuits and gas technology.
- This position is fast paced and requires employee to spend time in various areas on the shop floor. This position will interact with management and hourly employees daily. This position will interact with internal contacts in Materials, Production, Customer Service, and Quality. Steel toed shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and hearing protection in required areas.
*The Delfield Company in Covington, TN manufactures world class product brands such as Delfield® and Multiplex®. Products include prep tables, worktop refrigeration, refrigerated equipment stands, mobile serving lines, custom refrigeration, frozen beverage dispensing equipment. The facility in Covington, TN is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.