Trust you are doing well!! This is Tahera from BC Forward. We have an opening for a QC Lab Technician role - Gordon, GA and I find your profile suitable for this role. If you are seeking for new opportunities, I can help you in offering you this role. Can we get on a quick call to discuss this ,I could be reached at (317) 588 8608 meanwhile would appreciate if you can send me your updated resume and let me know the best time to reach you.
Job Title: QC Lab Technician
Location: Gordon, GA 31031
- Organize and prioritize workload.
- Independently perform routine and non-routine work, support the QC laboratory in testing all samples, if applicable.
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple/concurrent tasks in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Coordinate and test raw materials and finished products on a daily basis based upon back logs, customer shipment schedules and/or as directed by management.
- Communicate the backlog of samples to be tested to Manager.
- Communicate work schedule(s) to Manager including weekend work to ensure QC testing does not become excessively back-logged.
- As a result of back logged samples, must be able to work occasional overtime.
- In-depth knowledge of test methods, processes, and laboratory equipment for raw material, liquid and finished products.
- Ensure work instructions are aligned with overall company test methods.
- May revise and/or develop laboratory standard operating procedures.
- If applicable, ability to make retarder to meet finished product specifications.
- Responsible for the inspection/preventative maintenance of all laboratory equipment.
- Need to have knowledge of all lab equipment (vicat apparatus, air jet sieve, screen sieves, scratch testing equipment, weigh scale, hardness tester, and if applicable colorimeter).
- Quality Information database system : record test data in a timely manner to enable real time SPC charting and analysis.
- Review SPC data/charts identifying unusual trends, may suggest special causes and assist in corrective action.
- Must notify Management of unusual trend(s).
- Ensure open communication regarding SPC trend(s) with other QC laboratory personnel.
- 1 year with possible extension
- Pay $18.00/hr
- 10 hours per day, Mon-Fri. Core hours 5:00am-3:30pm (30 min unpaid lunch) with some flexibility.
- Occasional weekend as needed.
- All PPEs including steel toed shoes and prescription glasses will be provided.
- Contact lenses not allowed in the lab.
- Medical tests required for onboarding clearance. (hearing & respirator in addition to drug test)
- MSHA training (3 days) will be arranged by the site for new hires
- Recent college graduates with chemistry or geology or can be other scientific major such as bio, environmental science, material science and etc.
- The HM is also open for experienced workers.
- Lab exp required.
- Campus lab exp counts but prior internship exp in lab strongly preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lb by hands with some tool support.
- WebEx panel interview.
Thanks and Regards,
(317) 588 8608
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about how we use personal information collected, view our Privacy Notice and CCPA Addendum .
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.