EVRAZ NA currently seeks a Purchasing Agent / Buyer for our Portland, Oregon location!
As a Purchasing Agent, you will be communicating and coordinating among marketing, sales, customer service and operations. This role engages in managing on-going purchase order placement, order tracking, supplier follow-up and overall raw material inventory flow across our network to support efficient day-to-day supply chain operations.
In our high performance environment you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your strong analytical ability and aptitude for collecting, analyzing and interpreting financial data, as well as your effective communication and persuasion skills. In addition, your aptitude for managing multiple tasks and priorities with attention to details will be necessary. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building strong relationships with suppliers to leverage their collective knowledge and abilities to further our business objectives
- Engaging in getting suppliers to expedite goods when necessary and clearly communicating the appropriate details with all affected groups and coordinate follow-up plans.
- Generate quotations
- Price analysis
- Purchase order maintenance
- Monitoring supplier performance
- Other tasks as assigned by the Purchasing Manager
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in supply chain, engineering, business or other related field preferred. High School Diploma required
- Minimum of five (5) years Procurement experience for manufacturing preferred
- Solid experience in contracts, framework agreements, negotiations, etc.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products: Microsoft Excel (pivot tables)
- Background utilizing ERP/MRP systems and methodology: Understanding of Oracle/SAP highly desirable
- Able to multi-task, prioritize assigned responsibilities and maintain accuracy while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong customer service and vendor management capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with vendors, customers and individuals at varying levels within the organization.
- Self initiating, well organized, problem solver, with ability to multi-task
- ISM Supply Management Certification, APICS, CPIM a plus
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.