Aerotek/EASi has an immediate opening for a Proposal Writer at the corporate location in Hanover, MD.
The EASi Proposal Writer will be responsible for preparing high-quality, client-focused proposals and presentations in compliance with customer instructions, sales strategies and business needs. They will also provide general sales support and document past performance. They will work closely with business development, technical stakeholders (Practices and Delivery), finance and other internal teams to provide proposal consultation, assist in RFP vetting, develop strategic messaging and value propositions, manage the proposal process, write, edit, submit and store final products. They will work within a proposal team environment, report directly to the EASi proposal manager and develop proposals that improve EASi's probability of award. This position is customer-focused and able to successfully manage all facets of the proposal process under aggressive deadlines.
EASi proposal writers must quickly grasp complex technical and business concepts and effectively articulate technical/deliverable-based service offerings to external audiences. EASi proposal writers must demonstrate a thorough understanding of EASi's overall business and how all facets of the business work together to create specific solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare high-quality, client-focused proposals and presentations in compliance with customer instructions, deadlines and business needs
• Research subject matter and organize/translate information into clear documentation, articulating complex concepts and processes in writing or visuals
• Successfully manage all facets of the proposal process under aggressive deadlines, including proposal response planning, call facilitation, coordination, writing, development of responsibility matrices/compliance outlines, interfacing with internal Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), editing/proofing, production and quality control
• Peer review and copy edit proposals per style guide and SOP
• Ensure all materials appropriately reflect brand guidelines and value messaging
• Assist in developing content for new solutions and proposals with internal SMEs as needed
• Update standard content database on a regular basis
• Create compelling case studies based on past performance and maintain an easily accessible database for the organization
• Partner with brand marketing, marketing communications, digital marketing and events team to ensure consistency and efficiency
• Ensure all proposal content is consistent with external marketing collateral, including sell sheets, advertisements, websites branding campaigns, press releases etc.
• Use external resources to stay informed on industry trends
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal customers
• Actively utilizes Shipley and other industry-leading proposal development best practices
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Thorough understanding of proposal development and process management
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Ability to learn/understand/apply communication tactics and messaging requirements for various audiences
- Ability to effectively analyze requirements and manage/drive proposal process
- Ability to create original content and partner with SMEs as required
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
- Knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to hold teammates accountable to deadlines and responsibilities
- Strong MS Office suite experience, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong team player, with ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Business, Marketing, Communications, English preferred)
- Two to three years of business communications, proposal, marketing and/or technical writing experience
- Professional, Scientific or Technical Services industry experience strongly preferred
- Clinical research or scientific laboratory knowledge/experience preferred
- Pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industry experience preferred
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.