MAG is a leading manufacturing technology group for machining tasks in milling and turning for turnkey manufacturing systems and machines with customer-specific application technology.
We are globally represented with locations in the United States, Germany, China, India, Hungary, UK, and Switzerland. With a strong foundation based upon renowned machine tool brands such as BOEHRINGER, Cross Hüller, Ex-Cell-O, and Lamb, MAG has become a global player since its founding in 2005. MAG serves the automotive and truck industries and their suppliers with unmatched technology and expertise.
MAG offers machine tools, manufacturing systems, and services including turning, milling, honing, systems integration, automation, software, maintenance, retrofit, e-learning, and core components for machine tools.
As full scale supplier, MAG manufacturing solutions include machining technology, process capability, system design and full turnkey systems.
Our talented team members have always been the cornerstone of our success and the driving force behind maintaining our Company's reputation. We are looking for people who value team work and are looking for a challenging and rewarding work experience. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including 401k.
- Develops a manufacturing system proposal using MAG machine tools and processing know-how, selecting the required ancillary equipment, cutting tools, and associated material handling systems, to satisfy our customer's production requirements.
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews our customer's proposal request to obtain a complete understanding of the requested manufacturing process, and obtain any necessary clarifications. May visit the customer facility to view existing or similar manufacturing processes.
- Generate sketches and drawings of part fixture concepts.
- Calculate tooling feeds and speeds utilizing spreadsheet software to determine the number of machines required.
- Consults with internal departments to ensure compliance with customer specifications and part quality requirements, and consolidates their responses into the final proposal.
- Develops floor layouts showing the placement of MAG machine tools, ancillary equipment and material handling systems
- Assist in development of the cost estimate by estimating personnel, by reviewing historical records and design drawings, and soliciting quotations from tooling, fixture, ancillary equipment and material handling suppliers to ensure an accurate cost estimate.
- Develop the written descriptions of the proposed machines and supporting equipment, project management services, delivery schedules options, etc.
- Support sales staff with answers to customer questions and concerns and assists with the technical presentation to our customer, including the development of technical presentation materials in PowerPoint or AutoCad.
- Lead the internal order 'kick-off' meeting to ensure that all MAG departments have a clear understanding of the sold proposal
- Participate in post order 'Sales Order Review' meetings for profit/loss analysis.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; plus ten or more years of either machine tool design experience and/or training, or manufacturing engineering, CNC part programming, or similar part processing background; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals and job cost reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to effectively present information to customers and Senior MAG management. Ability to edit and compose special sections of standardized proposal letters.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of geometry, trigonometry, modern algebra, and intermediate statistical theory.
- Proficient in the use of word processing, presentation (Power Point) and spreadsheet software preferably in Microsoft OFFICE and AutoCAD computer aided design. Ability to maintain project documentation in an organized manner.
- Travel is an integral part of this position: must be able to travel throughout the day; overnight visits will be routinely required; overseas and international travel will be occasionally required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate except when observing the machine in the manufacturing environment where the noise level could be very loud.
- This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work performed by this position. It is not intended to provide an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities of the position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.