PAYROLL & PROPERTY STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Due to our growth, Elderly Housing Development and Operations Corporation (EHDOC), an established mission driven property development and management organization, is looking for experienced and talented PAYROLL ACCOUNTANT & PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT! We are growing, expanding our vision, and looking for partners in our mission!
The Payroll Accountant / Property Accountant / Staff Accountant is a dual role that handles payroll responsibilities and provides property accounting services for a small portfolio of properties. The majority of your time will be dedicated to payroll functions. In addition, you will be involved with some of our properties and provide accounting support services. You will have your hands in both areas! While working with the properties, you will handle a range of property accounting functions and tracking all financial details for your assigned properties. The property accounting involves maintaining and updating financial records using databases, spreadsheets, and accounting systems that track expenditures, revenue, receipts, cash flow, and other financial activities. As an Accountant you will provide the primary accounting, bill payment and processing, financial support, and accounting administrative support for your assigned properties.
RESPONSIBILITIES for Payroll Accountant / Property Accountant:
- Handle and process payroll.
- Support assigned portfolio of properties ensuring proper deductions, reporting, taxes, and complete compliance for payroll processes.
- Generate routine and ad hoc reports and create reports for state audit purposes.
- Handle accounting, tax, and finance requirements for assigned group of properties.
- Analyze and evaluate existing processes and recommend process improvements.
- Develop reports, statistics, and recommendations for each property while meeting deadlines.
- Stay current on changes in applicable legislation and taxes affecting properties (federal, state, county, etc).
- Validate information, prepare invoices, and enter data into accounting systems.
- Keep records of financial transactions.
- Verify, allocate, and post details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts.
- Prepare and submit documentation for expense reports, variances, etc.
- Develop statistics and maintain, update, and summarize applicable ledgers, files, reports, etc.
- Assist with AP / AR, as needed.