The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for marketing and generating new insurance sales as well as being a professional advocate for all insurance related needs. Respond to all customer inquiries and requests with a high level of customer service.
Determine the insurance needs of the customer through the probing process, offers a proposal with the appropriate insurance coverage/protection solutions. Achieve a balance in production to meet agency business and growth objectives by maintaining an appropriate mix of business. Provide professional product expertise by thoroughly explaining coverage limits, deductibles, payment options, policy language and servicing provisions. This agent advocate also provides expert advice by careful review of all available products and offers the best value or solution to the Member/customer. Respond to current policyholder inquiries and requests.
Initiate lead and prospect generation from established lead management business rules to effectively manage and leverage sales opportunities including, but not limited to: 1) expiration dates and subsequent follow up to provide quote(s), 2) follow up on existing mono-line accounts by mail / telephone for the purpose of cross-selling, 3) make outbound calls to increase sales and ultimately member penetration of insurance related products 4) develop networking referrals 5) participate in community and membership events 6) develop referral relationships with other sales representatives, i.e. membership, life & health agent, etc.
Ensure that insurance applications are submitted in accordance with agency policies and procedures with efficiency, quality and accuracy; with supporting documents / forms. Maintain current carrier information to ensure compliance with carriers’ underwriting guidelines, and binding authority to reduce E & O exposures.
Agent and leader develop annual performance plans to support Club initiatives. Actively participate in the ongoing progress reviews by monitoring results and looking for continuous improvement opportunities. Perform other duties as necessary.
Meet and/or exceed sales production requirements
Work in a temperature controlled office environment. Willingness and ability to work extended/irregular hours to include weekends/holidays.
- Completion of Insurance industry training programs
- Ability to navigate MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- High School diploma or equivalent. Insurance industry training programs a plus
- Presently hold an active Florida 220-General Lines license or Florida 2044- Personal Lines license or 440-Customer Representative.
- Currently hold or successfully attain appropriate State Life Sales license within timeframe designated by ACG, and maintain license as required.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing success and stability in the insurance business with at least 2 years recent sales experience.
- Experience in computer quoting software and e-mail applications.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated to help members/customers and prospects achieve and maintain their financial goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation ability.
- Solid selling and sales process skills
- Ability to build a strong customer base.
- Must be organized with ability to manage time wisely.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance,401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.