BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Proofreader at Newbury Park CA 91320
Unable to provide sponsorship at this time- Must be willing to work on W2.
Start Date: ASAP
Job Title: Proofreader
Location: Newbury Park CA 91320
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Responsible for providing proofreading support to the Marketing Communications (Marcom) team.
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
• Ensures accuracy of materials produced by Marcom, and compliance with Corporate, Brand, Legal and Plain Language guidelines.
• Proofreads high-profile design and copywriting projects.
• Helps educate internal and external writers and designers on updates to the Corporate, Brand, Legal and Plain Language guidelines.
• Maintains strict adherence to marketing/production deadlines and provides final sign-off on projects at file release stage to ensure accuracy.
• Requires a BA/BS degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field;
• 2 years of professional proofreading experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Experience in health insurance or managed care preferred.
• Strong written communication skills and a solid command of the English language.
• Working knowledge of Associate Press style guidelines.
Hours per day and per week will vary. Candidate must be willing to work flexible hours. Rate is $18/hr.
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 129359 when responding to this ad.