CareerBuilder is looking for an entry level Project Manager to join our team and drive projects for our small business to mid-market clients. As the trusted industry leader, CareerBuilder Employment Screening has been partnering with clients for over twenty years to remove the inefficiencies throughout the recruitment process to ensure hires are made as quickly and cost effectively as possible. With a strong history of growth, profitability, and exceptional service, CareerBuilder is ideal for driven, energetic, critical thinking professionals looking to learn and develop their skills in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment.
As a Project Manager I, your primary role will be to drive a positive implementation experience using a consultative approach to build a long-standing partnership with our clients. You will work with multiple internal and client teams to provide a configurable customer solution and implementation strategies. This is a position with large responsibility and high exposure, for this reason it's critical to have excellent communication skills, be business process savvy, have a strong technical background, as well as have strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Under direct supervision, works on routine projects and tasks utilizing the established processes and procedures.
- Manages multiple implementation projects simultaneously.
- Coordinates and leads all meetings with clients and appropriate stakeholders throughout projects.
- Follows CareerBuilder's implementation methodology and best practices to deliver an optimal client experience.
- Adheres to established project SLAs and documents variances from timelines accordingly.
- Partners with clients to understand their business operations and initiatives through a consultative approach to recommend the optimal software configuration to achieve their goals.
- Manages and oversees all operational aspects of their projects and identifies and escalates any issues appropriately.
- Completes build/setup of client's software based on the client's requirements and protocols.
- Reviews and QAs customer setup or deliverable prior to client delivery.
- Manages client needs and expectations to ensure the projects stay within scope and on time.
- Communicates consistently and effectively keeping all relevant stakeholders up to speed with project progress, risks and milestones.
- Creates and maintains project plans/timelines, documents changes, communicates impact and executes on updated plan.
- Conducts trainings for client's admins and end users on effective software usage to foster adoption.
- Collaborates with other members of the team to pull through more complex projects or tasks.
- Develops competency in all CareerBuilder Employment Screening products and services.
- Maintains established NPS, QA metrics, and comprehensive project documentation requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 1-3 years of experience in Background Screening or Project Management.
- PMP certified is a plus.
- Travels to CareerBuilder offices and/or client locations as required (up to 15%).
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to translate detailed information into key takeaways
- Adapt to varying communication levels and styles
- Identify potential road blocks and pitfalls and to mediate risk
- Diagnose trends and use data and collective information
- Willingness to adapt to change in regard to project type, communication styles and process improvements
- Maintain a positive attitude - both internally and externally
- Manage, motivate and mentor internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work and collaborate with diverse personalities, roles and backgrounds
- Advanced MS Office skills; including OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Salesforce experience is a plus