Project Coordination Co-op - Business, HR, or related Major
Are you looking to launch your Human Resources career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
At UPS, we know that our most valuable resource is our people. That’s why we look for the top Human Resources talent around when it comes to building and supporting our highly skilled UPS Information Services (I.S.) team. Spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology, UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated seeking a degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The selected Project Coordination Co-Op will be primarily responsible for various projects within I.T. and Engineering. The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting the Information Technology and Engineering Functions at UPS with general HR related support tasks. The Project Coordination Co-Op will need to perform the following tasks:
- Assist in creating job definitions and supporting the critical req process
- Assist in supporting the I.T. and Engineering summer intern program
- Assist in supporting the overall Learning & Development strategy
- Create general HR reports in Excel and PowerBI
- Assist in creating ad-hoc presentations in PowerPoint
- Assist with analyzing HR Turnover data and Exit Survey responses
- Coordinate with I.T. and Engineering teams on HR-related requests
- Provide support on additional ad hoc HR-related projects
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PowerBI (Intermediate to advanced)
- Ability to prioritize work
- Willing to work with all levels of leadership
- Ability to multi-task, work on multiple projects and give status updates
- Attention to detail
- Gathering report information, creating reports and the ability to analyze data
- Previous office or corporate environment experience helpful
- Excellent communication skills
- Decision making
- Problem solving
Must also have a positive attitude, solid work ethic and be a strong team player
This position is located in Mahwah, NJ. The viable candidate must be able to work 30-40 hours per week during the summer, and 15-20 hours per week during school semesters.
The desired Project Coordination Co-Op must be currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program majoring in Business, HR, or related discipline while working at UPS. Completed coursework can include ethical leadership and socially responsible action, global and multi-cultural understanding and appreciation, research, presentation, and interpersonal communication effectiveness, and conceptual, analytical, critical reasoning, and problem-solving competence.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law