TITLE - Junior Programmer
LOCATION - Upper Gwynedd, PA
CONTRACT - 6 months
Responsible for regular development, testing, maintenance and publication of all medical and veterinary Manuals.
• Processing updated medical and veterinary content within the Vasont XML Component based content management system (CCMS) :
1) Troubleshooting and correcting data and tagging issues in the XML as needed.
2) Regularly exporting targeted XML content from the CMS to all necessary partners, including foreign translators and publishers, typesetters and printers and other licensing partners.
3) Reimporting translated XML content, troubleshooting and preparing it for publishing.
• Recording and submitting issues that require the Vasont CMS and Sitecore developers to resolve more complex problems.
• Periodically programming and configuring user-customizable website changes in Sitecore as directed by the Manuals team.
• As needed, perform user acceptance and regression testing of the websites and native mobile apps in various languages to ensure that all content is displaying completely and correctly and that all features are functioning properly • Serving as back-up support to troubleshoot the technical needs of the staff or the global authors that use our Vasont WebLNX and Oxygen XML authoring system.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Required Experience and Skills:
• 1-2 years’ experience in computing field or information management (Internships or full employment.)
• Strong English written and oral communication skills
• High efficiency on a US keyboard navigating the internet in various web browsers and devices.
• Be highly efficient in using basic tools such as Microsoft Word and Excel, file management and file transfer such as FTP, Dropbox.
• Have foundational understanding of Databases and SQL
• The candidate must have an adequate home office setup because onsite presence in Upper Gwynedd (North Wales) PA will only be 1-3 days per week.
• The candidate must be trustworthy, motivated, efficient and able to work independently.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Vasont CCMS
• Foundational Understanding of Workflow and Software Development Lifecycle