Client in Springfield, TN is looking for a Program Cost Analyst.
Job Summary: The individual is responsible for accurate accounting of all Program capital and tooling projects. Accounting lead for customer tooling invoicing and subsequent audit (internal/external).
Required Qualifications/ Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and Finance
- 5+ years of accounting/finance experience
Desired Work Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment in the Automotive Industry
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytic skills; sound understanding of accounting principals
- Computer Literate - Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Responsible for the accurate accounting of all Program projects including, but not limited to, creating and maintaining department and project budgets, issuing and reconciling purchase orders, managing customer invoices, and maintaining project/program expenditure reports
- Recording cost information for use in controlling program capital and tooling expenditures
- Oversee the processing of invoices including reconciling discrepancies and assisting Project Managers with disputes
- Schedule regular meetings with project management and engineering staff to confirm budgets, discuss year-to-date expenditures and other details
- Authorize invoice generation based on program completion and provide customer with tooling package
- Maintain program cost files required for audit. These include, but are not limited to, purchase orders, supplier invoices, proof of payments, cost summaries, customer/supplier quotes maintained by customer tooling purchase order
- Work with other budget coordinators and financial staff across the organization to ensure consistency in approach and compliance with policies and procedures
- Responsible for creating and maintaining bill of materials with the direction of the Engineering team and other departments. This includes BOM entry into CMS, ability to independently confirm equipment run standards, labor rates, efficiency rates, material usage, purchased component costs and other metrics that define the BOM
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
Essential Functions (continued):
- Compiles the next year list of program capital projects on the master budget allocation spreadsheet and populates the account code, available budget, estimated cost, and quarterly expenditures for ongoing tracking throughout the year
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.