This position is responsible for, but not limited to, coordinating daily production activities to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Six months to one year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of raw materials, production process, quality control and costs; Knowledge of hand tools and equipment is preferred. Knowledge of specific and general safety policies and procedures as relates to the plant and the position is preferred.
- Monitors operations for efficiency and safety. Ensures all regulatory requirements are met.
- Develops production schedules to meet internal goals as well as expectations of customers.
- Performs the same work duties as those of whom they supervise and/or perform more difficult skilled tasks or assists in their performance.
- Oversees production staff, including hiring/training of personnel.
- Collaborates with production staff and upper management to solve work related problems.
- Resolves personnel problems, complaints and formal grievances when possible or refers them to higher levels of management for resolution.
- Prepares and maintains employee records such as attendance and hours worked.
- Serves as the direct report for plant and lead personnel.
Majority of the time is spent standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. Must have good eye hand coordination.