Here'show to go from hitting the books to changing the world.
Begin yourcareer at UnitedHealth Group and you'll getan opportunity to do something extraordinary with your first job out of college. Make a real difference by being part of acompany that helps 85 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we foundit.
Such aspirations attract a certaintype of person - Talented, Brilliant, Compassionate & Driven. You'll find these people everywhere you turnhere. You'll also find a world of careeroptions fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here, and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
Consider the influence you can haveon the quality of care for millions of people. Now, enhance that success with enthusiasm you can really feel. Great sales are the result of a strongpurpose, conviction and pride in your ability and your product.
UnitedHealth Group offers aportfolio of products through two distinct platforms; United HealthCare (healthbenefits) and Optum (health services). AtUnited HealthCare Medicare & Retirement, we serve the fastest growingsegment of our nation's population - 50 and older. And we're doing it with an intense amount ofdedication. Up for the challenge of alifetime? Join a team of the best andthe brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health andquality of life of our 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as wework together to strengthen our health care system.
We offer a growth-based culture withextraordinary opportunities and succeed by staying true to our mission to makehealth care work effectively and efficiently for seniors.
**This is a full-time position, with a start date in June2021**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer relocation assistancefor this position**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer work visasponsorship now or in the future for this position**
- Participate in a Sales Support / Operations Development Program that will accelerate your career with a company that will help you learn new skills and foster your continued growth
- Collaborate with experienced professionals, mentors, and passionate leaders
- Build relationships within a close knit community of peers involved in the development program to expand your network
- Development program is curriculum based and structured
- 18 month Development Program that will provide a structured curriculum and on-the-job sessions that will expose you to broad skills, tools and functional departments within the Sales & Distribution Organization. Approximately 25% of time will be dedicated to structured learning that will afford you the opportunity to:
- Gain company and industry knowledge
- Enhance communication and presentation skills
- Review reporting practices and utilize analytical skills
- Learn and understand different work styles
- Formalize individual development plans
- Learn and live our corporate culture and values
- Access a very comprehensive repository of online self-development tools and resources
- Handling inbound phone calls professionally, providing a distinctive and personal Sales Support Experience
- Research and resolve Sales Agent's questions relating to:
- Sales tools, materials and product information
- How to use self-service tools to trouble-shoot systems issues
- Member concerns
- Medicaid verification
- Application status and eligibility
- On-boarding and certification process
- Commission questions
Program Specific DevelopmentalProjects:
- As participants master their primary role, leadership will look to identify and leverage the participant's strengths for special business critical projects. Special projects may include but are not limited to the following:
- Outbound Sales Support Campaigns
- Reporting and Analytics
- Process Improvement
- Digital Development
- Coordination of Employee Engagement Activities
You'll be rewarded and recognizedfor your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give youclear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as providedevelopment for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently in final year of obtaining a bachelor's degree (or obtained degree no longer than 24 months prior to position start date, from an accredited college/university). Bachelor's Degree must be obtained prior to start of employment
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Previous work or volunteer experience in sales, customer service, health care, or health insurance
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
Careersat UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. TheBoomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And weare the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique healthand well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of thebest and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the healthand quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth ofdynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal andstrengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's bestwork.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protectedveteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace.Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords:producer help desk, development, Roanoke, VA, Virginia