UPS is seeking a dynamic Procurement Systems Specialist with an accounting/finance flair to support Procurement Compliance initiatives. He/She performs analysis on UPS-specific and industry data using SQL and SSIS design, identifies potential obstacles and suggests strategic recommendations for improving profitability.
The Procurement Systems Specialist collaborates with teams to ensure effective communications and to support the achievement of objectives. He/She analyzes financial and risk-related data to assist and support the Compliance and Operational Risk Group.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates and executes queries and reports to fulfill information requests
- Works closely with current Procurement teams to drive creation of KPI’s, metrics, and implementation of compliance initiatives
- Conducts assessments to capture noncompliant procurement processes and activities
- Runs ad hoc reporting as requested to meet immediate business needs
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail-oriented with broad understanding of Finance, Accounting and general Business principles
- Experience with SQL Server query and SSIS design, along with data management and analysis
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems or related field - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law