The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store® has approximately over 4,800 independently owned locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, 401(k) with company match, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, discounted stock purchase plans and more.
The Vendor Relations Specialist supports the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives within different commodities. He/She procures products and services at the highest quality and best possible price point. This position works with suppliers to understand and improve supplier process performance and quality, optimize supply chains, and ensure requisitioning and ordering processes are in place. The Vendor Relations Specialist maximizes revenue impact by negotiating, collecting and auditing vendor administrative fees. He/She strives to add value to the franchise network by utilizing the Strategic Sourcing Methodology and by facilitating contract negotiation with new and existing vendors.
The Vendor Relations Specialist analyzes key financial and operational information in the vendor relations department including but not limited to, budget variances, administrative fee tracking and accuracy, quarterly sales reports from vendors, vendor compliance, franchisee compliance to approved vendor programs, vendor monthly sales accruals. He/She performs strategic sourcing process to execute purchase requests (RFI, RFP, and RFQ) for assigned commodities. This position coordinates and reviews competitive bid quotations, evaluates pricing for inclusion in cost proposals, and contacts suppliers as provided by industry and corporate guidelines. The Vendor Relations Specialist resolves procurement requests, issues, and inquiries (e.g., corrects proposals, obtains resources, quotations, competitive bids, etc.) to support customer’s needs.
- Ensures appropriate authorization and documentation is obtained for procurement activities.
- Identifies and contacts vendors to meet system, operational, and project requirements. Recommends vendor(s) that appear(s) most capable to meet the needs of the organization
- Monitors existing contracts to take advantage of renegotiation opportunities
- Stays informed about each vendor performance using a combination of customer feedback and financial results.
- Identifies potential causes for sales volume change and presents findings to management to develop corrective action plans for increased vendor performance and stronger compliance with the approved vendor program.
- Responds to management’s requests to provide data (e.g. supplier metrics, installed incentives, total cost savings, supplier diversity spend, etc.).
- Responds to phone and email requests from internal and external customers to ensure customer needs are met.
- Mediates disputes between vendors and franchisees of The UPS Store, Inc. to ensure timely resolutions and issues.
- Follows designated plans and priorities to achieve established objectives.
- Conducts Research: Uses the research problem to guide relevant data gathering and benchmarking; develops a working knowledge of literature related to the research problem; minimizes personal biases that may impact the research process or outcomes; gathers data that represent all sides of the business case.
- Establishes Metrics and Performance Tools: Identifies basic measurement requirements and possible indicators for individual, group, department, and business unit results; demonstrates a general ability to use multiple measurement methods for measuring performance; sets meaningful goals and objectives.
- Negotiation: Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources.
- Report Generation: Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues with report generation (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
- Technology Knowledge: Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment.
- Bachelor’s degree or International Equivalent – Preferred
- Experience with Purchasing or Vendor Relations – Preferred
- Experience in Logistics, Finance, or Information Technology – Preferred
- Experience using business needs to help define project requirements - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law