We are seeking a Plant Protection Officer to join our Safety Team at our plant located in Pueblo, Colorado. The Plant Protection Officer responds with the proper equipment and provides action to any medical, fire, security or other plant emergencies. The Officer controls personnel and/or materials entering or leaving the plant. Performs routine security parameters and identifies security risks or criminal activity. Responds to all medical calls and fires.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct plant personnel during emergencies
- Obtains and maintains a Colorado Emergency Medical Technician - Basic Certification
- Monitors and responds to various alarms
- Uses and directs use of firefighting equipment
- Keeps work area and equipment clean and orderly
- Performs routine maintenance and assists Maintenance personnel
- Maintains and refills fire extinguishers
- Assists in fire and safety inspections
- Makes verbal and written reports following emergencies or security incidents
- Assists maintaining housekeeping in and around the Fire Station
- Assumes and carries out other Plant Protection duties as required
- Utilize and maintain machines, equipment & materials: Motor vehicles, firefighting, respiratory, and medical equipment, fire alarm monitors, 2-way radios, computer, telephone, remote switchboard, appropriate hand tools, CO2, dry powder, halon, paints, water, oil, and necessary safety equipment.
- Proactively and effectively protect company high-value risk assets (HVR) by conducting thorough patrols of the facility and of High Value Risk and High Value Production areas during each shift, limiting access to the facility to those persons in possession of company-issued IDs, performing sporadic but frequent vehicle and bag inspections, promptly responding to all incidents and then producing complete and timely Security Incident Reports in accordance with the standards set forth by company policy and Post Orders.
- Remote switchboard, appropriate hand tools, CO2, dry powder, halon, paints, water, oil, and necessary safety equipment.
- Shall treat as confidential proprietary, personnel, trade secret and otherwise sensitive information from erroneous or unauthorized disclosure.
Essential Physical Activities:
Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, carry, finger, grasp, feel, talk to communicate, speak over public address system, and hear. Needs to see to operate and maintain firefighting equipment and vehicles. Frequently exerts forces up to 100 pounds to lift, carry, push and pull.
Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. Exposed to elevated noise levels, vibrations and extreme cold and heat. Physical Hazards-Close proximity to moving parts, fire hazards, electric currents, working in high places, exposure to high heat, hot surfaces, molten metal, chemicals, oils and lubricants. Atmospheric conditions may require use of a respirator or a self-contained air support system.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Minimum Experience and Requirements:
- Colorado Emergency Medical Technician - Basic Certification
- Must have a valid Colorado driver's license
- 2 years in security related field
Preferred Experience and Requirements:
- 3-5 years in related field
- High School diploma or GED