The Bountiful Company, a Nestlé Health Science Company, is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Plant Engineer is an integral member of the Plant Leadership Team, contributing to the safe operation and the efficient production of high quality nutraceuticals products. Along with the Plant Manager, this role is accountable for the plant’s results in the areas of safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management: Provide leadership, guidance, direction, and coaching to the plant technical organization.
- Plant Equipment Performance: Manage all results related to engineering and maintenance of production equipment and facilities at the plant.
- Technical Processes and Systems: Lead the establishment and coach the implementation of all processes related to managing the maintenance of the plant and facility equipment.
- Planned maintenance, spares management, equipment break-down reduction, lubrication systems, maintenance cost management, and equipment upgrades or enhancements.
- Project Planning and Execution: Lead the planning and execution of projects using internal or external resources.
- Facilities Upgrades: Lead the coordination of any needed building modifications.
- Overall leadership and management of the technical resources in the plant.
- Creation of a high performance culture within the technical organization.
- Creation of a highly integrated team environment between operations, maintenance, and quality organizations.
- Continuous improvement of equipment design and performance.
- Overall accountability for the safe operation and maintenance of all equipment in the facility.
- Technical input into safe operating procedures.
- Evaluates, analyzes and performs facility type projects.
- Design and implementation of Autonomous Maintenance and Preventive Maintenance processes.
- Ownership of Centerline program.
- Preparation of standard operating procedures and assistance with process validation procedures for production equipment.
- Management of the implementation of capital projects and assistance in specifying, purchasing and installation of new or replacement production equipment.
- Works with Technical Operations and Plant Management to improve processes, evaluate new technologies and identify new equipment needs.
- Optimize the cost effectiveness, conservation and service level of all Utilities’.
- Overall responsibility for design, implementation, and management of all technical projects within the facility.
- Recommendation and implementation of cost improvement projects. Works with Operations Management in preparing capital project budgets.
- Assist as needed with the design of plant site layout for the installation of additional or replacement production equipment to include construction changes, addition/modification of electrical wiring, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the day-to-day activities undertaken by subcontracted Maintenance and Engineering resources.
- Synchronize efforts with those designed and developed by our Corporate Engineering/Technology Centers of Excellence.