The Bountiful Company, a Nestlé Health Science Company, is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
As a Technical Services Packaging Engineer within Supply Chain, you will be responsible for providing operational and project support for site packaging business units to improve overall operational throughput and quality of packaged finished product.
You will lead and participate in continuous improvement initiatives to improve the processes, productivity and efficiency, and reduce defects based on data analysis. Collaboration across multiple disciplines is critical for the successful implementation of changes. This role will interface closely with other cross-functional groups such as our Operations, Engineering, Technical Services, Finance, Procurement, Master Data Management, and Quality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify and lead process improvement projects related to automated packaging of solid dose and/or gummy product formulations, including packaging component, packaging equipment and process procedure improvements.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data to establish packaging process capabilities.
- Support qualification of new packaging equipment.
- Ensure robust master data related to packaging components and Bill of Materials.
- Perform packaging component/equipment/process impact assessments in support of changes and process improvements.
- Support corporate strategies by leading projects related to sustainable packaging materials.
- Support product/packaging quality investigations to identify and confirm root cause; CAPA identification and implementation.
- Tracking and reporting of Key Performance Indicators related to packaging lines/sites. Partners with the site business units to develop action plans when not meeting the targets and monitor timely closure of the action plans.
- Seek opportunities to improve current department processes and coordinate procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity.
- Improve data visibility and accuracy, seeks ways of automation of the manual data pulls/reporting.
- Be a change agent who actively identifies projects across all business units to implement continuous improvement projects.
- Explores and shares new scientific information, technologies, materials, etc. related to packaging materials, equipment, and/or processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.