• The PWB Designer performs complex and difficult design tasks requiring the operation and application of Computer-Aided Design equipment and associated peripheral equipment.
• Requires extensive skill and knowledge of equipment capabilities, application techniques and design limitations.
• Maintains technical coordination with engineering and design staff members.
• Work assignments are typified by their complexity and non-routine nature where established techniques and procedures may not exist.
• Provides work leadership to lower level CAD users and reviews work for quality and accuracy.
• Prepare and direct preparation of design studies. Oversee multiple projects and maintain status records on all assigned projects and in full accordance with IPC and AS9100 quality standards and requirements.
• Examine engineering drawings and related documents for soundness, efficiency, completeness, clarity and dimensional accuracy; conforms to design/drafting standards, design. Actively participates in the transition of design from concept to production floor.
• Perform tolerance analysis as required. Implements approved changes. Function as checker for all documents prepared by support personnel. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers and managers. Makes accurate scale layouts of parts, assemblies, or electronic circuits for electronic units of considerable complexity, showing specification tolerances, dimensions and material to be used. Checks with design engineers or other sources such as parts catalogs to find additional data. Performs CAD Designs using the following tools:
• Mechanical/Gage/Tool Designers - Solid Edge ST6 , SOLID WORKS as required. PWB Designs – Altium, Mentor Pads 2007, DX Designer, PCB to 3D, CAM 350 others as required
• Prepares detailed drawings, and completed mechanical or electrical drawings of printed circuit (PC) board components and assemblies from notes, verbal instructions, and rough or detailed sketches for engineering or manufacturing purposes.
• All other tasks as assigned by manager.