AZZ WSI Canada, ULC
AZZ WSI Canada is the worldwide leader in developing and delivering specialized installation and maintenance solutions through automated welding, weld cladding, and weld overlay technologies that extend the life and maximize the value of assets throughout the energy industry. Office located in Leduc, AB.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day office duties at the AZZ WSI Canada. These duties will consist of administrative/office activities, customer and project-driven administrative support and project timekeeping. This is e key role in creating a more consistent office/shop location for all business activities.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- 2+ year's prior administrative experience working in a construction or heavy industrial environment preferred
- Must have the following computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF is required. Database Management (MS Access) and ideally MS Project)
- Meticulous Follow-up / Organizational skills
- Able to interface and work as a member of a team.
- Ability to quickly evaluate situations and set priorities.
- Able to work a variety of hours including overtime depending on workload and outages seasons.
- Must be proactive and continue to streamline processes.
- Ability to perform responsibilities maintaining dependability, reliability, thoroughness, accuracy, confidentiality and timeliness.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must perform well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must present a positive and professional image.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to interact with field and in-house personnel.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bilingual in English/French is an asset
- Must possess a sense of urgency.
- Coordinate with local union manning and AZZ WSI manning departments to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed and submitted.
- Responsible for being the first point of contact for dispatch craft from union hall.
- Schedule pre-access alcohol & drug testing for all new site personnel.
- Coordinate booking of employees into Work camps.
- Coordinate all training requirements for Employees. This will include the distribution of the online courses, scheduling of drug screens, and scheduling of site specific training.
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure all new hire paperwork is completed and submitted on time.
- Timekeeping for projects.
- Receive/sort all incoming mail and route to the appropriate departments.
- Coordinate all incoming and outgoing FedEx packages.
- Coordinate monthly administrative supplies order.
- Assist with vendor orders and selection for inventory control system.
- Work closely with other departments, such as engineering, sales, and operations, to gather required information needed for potential/existing customers. Coordinate due dates and time requirements to meet customer needs.
- Meet internal and external deadlines.
- Maintain office personnel schedule.
- Project support including but not limited to travel to site for administrative coordination, time sheets, client specific requirements and new hire documents.
- Coordination of training programs and other initiatives to support localization of WSI Canada.
- Other duties as required and assigned by Operations Manager Canada.
Climate controlled office environment. Potential travel for onsite support up to 20% annually.