The Operational Excellence Analyst is responsible for working with field locations, vendors and third party logistics providers to analyze data in order to minimize freight expenses and maximize freight revenue. Problem solving of various transportation related issues. Work in a highly collaborative manner with several departments across the company.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Perform daily operations of department including maintaining relationships with carriers and third party providers, internal and external customers, reporting, cost control and execution of logistics strategy to meet / exceed department and company standards.
- Monitor daily operations of third party dedicated transportation network, including resolving service issues to meet customer and company needs
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with third party cargo claims administrator, our dedicated carrier and third party logistics providers
- Maintain, update, and report on transportation KPI's, carrier scorecards. This includes robust data collection, turning data into information, and analyzing the data for trends / opportunities
- Provide multiple levels of company management with updates on transportation metrics, including insightful analysis and interpretation of data. Present information verbally as well as in written reports
- Evaluate supplier shipments for freight policy compliance
- Work with cross-functional teams to support logistics projects/strategy
- Identify cost savings and process improvement opportunities, partnering with Service Centers and field management. May act as a participant as well as a project team lead
- Document procedures, processes. Provide training / coaching as needed
- Maintain and update department intranet / SharePoint sites
- Support freight recovery efforts
- Assist with import / export scheduling and document preparation
- Partner with our Safety Department regarding shipping regulations
- Up to 1 year of relevant experience
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently
- Strong interpersonal skills; positive business relationships
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including proper English grammar
- Solid analytical & problem solving skills
- Results oriented. Self-Motivated. Proactive. Ability to multitask, organize challenge the status quo.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain Management
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.