The ideal candidate will be a Network Engineer with extensive hands-on technical experience including data network and telecom management, design, security and monitoring, capacity planning, and troubleshooting. The candidate should have a strong working knowledge of industry standard security practices with a focus on perimeter protection.
Required technology specialization and products include, but are not limited to:
Spanning-tree (PVST, PVST+, Rapid-PVST), OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, 802.11a/b/g/n, 802.1q, 802.3af/at, MPLS, SIP, Cisco ASA, VPN, Radius, TACACS+, Checkpoint, McAfee Net shield, debugging tools (WireShark, tcpdump, nmap).
- Perform advanced, complex network analysis, identify problems and design solutions
- Oversee Network Security with focus on IDS/IPS tuning, DMZ penetration testing, and access management
- Performs routine system administration and maintenance on local or remote locations
- Keeps documentation current for supported systems
- Oversee the support of Cisco Unified Communications (CUCM/UCCX) infrastructure
- Proactively analyses, troubleshoots and resolves network security issues
- Perform network installations, upgrades, training, documentation, monitoring and analysis
- Configuration of multiple models and vendors of switches/routers, including VLAN configuration, routing protocols, etc.
- Performing asset management and inventory of network and telecommunication equipment
- Document problems and resolution for future reference
- Monitoring system performance and implementing performance tuning
- 4+ years of professional network engineering experience working with DMZ Security
- Knowledge/experience working with FISMA 2002 Cyber Security Requirements
- Experience with system monitoring tools (SolarWinds, Cacti, etc.)
- Highly motivated and ambitious, go-getter with a hunger for learning new technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CCNA Security certification is a plus