SNI has an immediate opening for a Wireless Certified Network Engineer with hands on experience who a motivated self-starter, willing and able to troubleshoot equipment, networks, capable of interpreting and explaining policies and network protocols, and making recommendations for network improvements as necessary.
When you join the IT team, you'll receive many perks, including:
- Funded Training and Certifications
- Business Casual Attire with Casual Fridays
- Work-Life Balance
- Cell Phone & Auto Allowance
- And many more!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain wireless controllers on request or as directed including software upgrades and configured additional controllers when needed.
- Install, configure and maintain Cisco wireless access points.
- Troubleshoot wireless connectivity issues in a timely manner.
- Provide wireless reports on request via Cisco Prime.
- Maintain and configure Brocade and Cisco network switches including software upgrades.
- Maintain and develop the capacity, performance and robustness of the network including security, access control and remote access. (VPNs)
- Configure and troubleshoot VPN appliances (Cisco 5500 series ASA)
- Troubleshoot VPN connectivity issues on Juniper, Cisco host VPN clients and Cisco ASA telework clients.
- Design, implement and document infrastructure changes for both wired and wireless equipment.
- Provide guidance and advice to team members and customers.
- Monitor and maintain network services in a way that reflects current industry-wide best practice.
- Ensure that disaster recovery procedures are tested, and that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve incidents and problems liaising with other IT staff and leadership when needed.
- Assist in troubleshooting connectivity and DHCP issues.
- Monitor network equipment with Solar winds, Brocade BNA and Cisco Prime monitoring platforms.
- Terminate CAT5 and CAT6 cables to data jacks and patch panels.
- Test CAT5 and CAT6 cables with Fluke testing equipment.
- Use BMC Remedy (work order system) as required to document work performance.
Occasionally alternative hours may be requested by a customer to support specific events on base; however, most job tasks will be completed during normal working hours.
- Current Security+ CE
- One (1) of the following is required:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Wireless or CCIE Wireless.
Three (3) years of Network Engineering Experience, to include:
- Experience with current network equipment, such as, Cisco Catalyst switches (3750, 4500, and 6500 series), Cisco Nexus 7000 series, VPN concentrators, Cisco Firewall Service Module (FWSM) or similar equipment.
- Expertise in complex networking technologies, such as spanning-tree, Cisco Virtual Switching System (VSS), HSRP, VLANs, ether channel, routing protocols, and best practices for securing the network infrastructure.
- Perform network lifecycle evaluations and recommend solutions. Must have experience with network testing and troubleshooting tools to include packet analyzers, Fluke network tester (OneTouch, Opt iView, and Wave runner).
- Network management systems (i.e. Cisco Works, Solar winds Orion) and operations support systems (Asset Management Tools/DB).
- Wireless protocols.
- Ability to adapt to changing work efforts, manage impact of shifting priorities, and resolve technical emergencies as they may occur.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse, team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Thorough knowledge of documentation as it relates to topology, equipment and configuration(s), to be able to design, implement and documents the infrastructure.
- Thorough knowledge of DoD requirements and implementing DISA security guidelines.
- Familiarity with NAC (Network Admission Control) and access control lists (ACL).
- Needs experience with solar winds.
- Experience with Ethernet, TCP/IP, VLANs, Radius, DNS, DHCP, Visio, and Cisco routing protocols. Able to work in a deadline-oriented environment is essential.
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Miramar, FL (Preferred)
- CCIE Wireless (Required)
- CCNP (Required)
- Fluent English (Required)
- United States (Required