Why Welbilt? That's easy... we're not your typical manufacturing company. We're building the industry's most incredible foodservice equipment; we're thinking outside the box to work smarter, not harder through Lean/Six Sigma methodologies; and we're bringing innovation to life each and every day with the industry's most talented workforce. Check out our opening at Welbilt's Delfield facility*today!
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
The Materials Manager III, is responsible Provides guidance and leadership to the purchasing, receiving, scheduling, and logistics departments. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations. This position is responsible for inventory control, supply chain initiatives, and logistics management.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, this position is based in Covington, TN.
- Incoming materials management to include price, quality, quantity, and forecasting for the manufacturing facilities.
- Manage direct oversight of Global Warehouse to ensure safe and efficient product warehousing, storage, special packaging with all inbound and outbound shipments.
- Directs the scheduling, planning, parts production, and receiving functions at Manufacturing Center.
- Responsible for delivering Key KPI's for this position include but are not limited to : Safety, On Time Delivery in Full, Supplier on time shipment and performance, Productivity, and Inventory Control
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Oversight of inventory control for all phases of production. Incoming raw, in house accuracy and finished goods shipping on time. Monitors overall inventory levels for materials and reports on status to target levels.
- Provide leadership to the Material and Logistics team to maintain ERP Health in QAD and provide Finance with cost information as required.
- Determines manpower and provides direction for global warehouse workforce which support productivity goals of the organization.
- Keeps up-to-date on all factors that may affect pricing, quality, delivery and service with the suppliers and products. Takes steps to avoid or minimize negative trends. Follows through on assignments on major supplier issues and puts permanent resolutions into place.
- Responsible for the scheduling process of the plant to include ordering of necessary buyouts, reporting bottlenecks, and reporting low volume to Manufacturing team. This is a key barometer of our production volume and our response to adjust to that volume.
- Provides oversight and direction for purchasing to improve supplier metrics including quality, delivery, and price.
- Manager the materials budget.
- Other duties as assigned
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor's Degree in the Business, Purchasing, Materials or similar field required.
- A minimum of 8 years' experience
- Good interpersonal skills to influence team members.
- Manufacturing Management
- Demonstrated knowledge of corrective action processes.
- ISO 9001-2015, ISO 14000, Safety, Team building.
- Good software applications skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Work effectively with all levels of management, staff, clients and regulatory agencies.
- Advanced skill in Microsoft applications
- QAD ERP system experience
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to deliver results
- Ability to manage multiple site teams.
*The Delfield Company in Covington, TN manufactures world class product brands such as Delfield® and Multiplex®. Products include prep tables, worktop refrigeration, refrigerated equipment stands, mobile serving lines, custom refrigeration, frozen beverage dispensing equipment. The facility in Covington is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills