MANAGER FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS
Responsible for timely analysis, forecasting, and reporting of business financials for management review and planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot issues in Oracle Cloud Service (Hyperion) reporting tool, assisting with daily maintenance and operations of the consolidation and reporting analytic solutions; modify existing reports.
- Work with the IT Department to ensure that all required operating environments are functioning properly and within established company policies.
- Provide all month-end financial reporting, by business unit, through Oracle Cloud Services reporting tools.
- Develop, maintain and publish monthly internal financial reports.
- Develop and manage monthly forecasting process and cycles. Provide clear communication and guidance to the BUs. Consolidate all data; prepare and distribute periodic reports.
- Assist in preparation of, and provide supporting schedules required for external reporting, including quarterly 10-Q, annual 10-K, and current 8-K reports.
- Enable, and provide leadership, to the annual budget process using the tools described above.
- Prepare quarterly support schedules and presentations for Board of Directors, Audit Committee, quarterly earnings releases and quarterly earnings presentations.
- Conduct quantitative analyses and reviews to explain variances to prior forecast, budget and prior year.
- Collaborate with and assist BUs and Corporate Accounting to deliver accurate cash flow reporting and measurements including identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as liaison between AZZ and external auditors for all requests for the annual audit.
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- May manage professional employees and/or supervisors directly and/or indirectly.
- May manage technical / business support or production / operation staff.
- Provides technical guidance to finance and accounting employees, colleagues and / or customers.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plans.
- Has wide latitude for decision making.
- May provide supervision to professional employees and/or supervisors.
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues, and/or customers.
- May contribute to staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Makes recommendations to next level management for review and approval.
- May prepare and deliver performance appraisal for future staff.
- Mentor and coach team members to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience required.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.