The Bountiful Company, a Nestlé Health Science Company, is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
We are growing! We are currently recruiting for a Manager, Technical Services to leads the functions of Tech Services team in Leonia, NJ. As the Manager, you will coach and provide leadership to the Tech Services team, with responsibilities for improving current products and processes, improving efficiencies, addressing manufacturing issues, seeking cost savings and maintaining networks of external partners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the Tech Services department at a specific manufacturing site and works in partnership with the technical services director. Leads projects and teams in support of departmental plans.
- Works directly with director to recommend and implement organizational and procedural changes to deliver on bottom-line savings
- Provides resources to respond to day-to-day technical needs of manufacturing site. Evaluates business needs and allocates resources to project and business needs. Sets and refines team priorities as necessary to remain focused on objectives and project milestones under rapidly changing circumstances.
- Reviews and approves GMP-critical documentation, including batch records, amendments, experimental summaries, and qualification/validation reports.
- Leads outsourcing of manufacturing processes/technology transfers.
- Coaches Tech Services Scientists in defining and implementing innovative solutions for assigned tasks, balancing achievement of milestones with high quality standards.
- Assists Director in establishing and/or building core technical capabilities within Tech Services.
- Negotiates timeline commitments among Scientists, project teams, and contractors such that agreed objectives and timings for completion of activities are achieved. Rapidly communicates major changes to project plans to upper management.
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things. Actively looks to eliminate non-value added steps of processes and procedures.
- Provides appropriate guidance and coaching, and encourages others to achieve.
- Monitors, explores, and shares new scientific information, technologies, products and processes with the Science and Technology community.
- Develops strong collaborative relationships with other internal departments/groups. Fosters an environment of knowledge sharing.
- Creates and executes experimental plans and manufacturing trials to fit overall project objectives.
- Performs comprehensive, sophisticated and critical evaluation of own data and data from other scientists.
- Communicates/Collaborates with external groups to develop and/or evaluate new capabilities, formulations or claims.