The Nature’s Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Product Development Manager position will work at our technical center in NJ and is part of the Product Development - R&D Team supporting nutritional products. The Manager will lead a team as needed to drive activities from innovation and or line extension to commercialization and be responsible for key product development areas.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Leading strategy and development for new and improved products, from concept to commercialization
- Ownership of multiple product development areas, such as innovation and line extension
- Managing technical direction of projects- identifying key deliverables and next steps and communicating to team
- Independently plan, manage and complete technical programs necessary to design, develop and optimize new and improved formulations/products/delivery systems for NBCo. products that meet customer needs and are robust and reproducible.
- Manages complex business relationships with ingredient, form or process technology partner companies, contract developers and manufacturers, consultants, vendors, cross-functional departments, and outside university experts to ensure customer needs and projects are executed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Manages technical staff as needed at internal and external research, development and manufacturing sites.
- Develops and reviews intellectual property strategy and conducts patent searches, literature reviews and is current with cross industry technology insights. Understands application and benefits/costs to our product portfolio. Ensures competitive advantage through implementation of proprietary and differentiated technical solutions.
- Coordinates and influences Brand Marketing, Insights & Analytics, Supply Chain, R&D and QA as key member and activity owner on Project, Brand and Platform teams.