The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for leading and managing Procurement of significant sub -categories of spend for The Nature’s Bounty Company. Must develop solid working partnership with stakeholders to optimize sourcing, supplier selection, pricing, contracting and ongoing Supplier Management while meeting quality and service level requirements for his/ her area of responsibility.
This person will be responsible for preparing and executing Category Strategies, negotiating and developing contract pricing, terms and conditions and other relevant sourcing related documentation. These strategies and tactics should enable the identification, negotiation and implementation of agreements with suppliers to ensure the greatest overall value.
This requires a knowledge of a particular area of spend (examples include Tablet, Capsule and Softgel Bulk Contract Manufacturing, Contract Packaging, Contracted Food Products) used in the food, pharmaceutical or nutraceutical industries. The incumbent must also be knowledgeable in procurement methodologies and possess an in-depth understanding of relevant supplier bases. Additionally, the incumbent must understand service requirements related to business needs as well as quality assurance and control. Works within business team to identify and implement initiatives to achieve substantial cost savings and improvements in quality, delivery, etc. to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Supports Leader by ensuring proper escalation of any significant issues/ opportunities.
- Manages spend that could range from $10 >$100 million with up to 25 suppliers and moderate complexity.
- Develops and implements Category Strategies and yearly sourcing plan for Procurement of areas of spend for The Nature’s Bounty Company. Tasked with supplying goods that meet or exceed customer expectations while delivering productivity of 3-5% annually.
- Develops and manage continuous improvement pipeline to deliver significant year over year productivity
- Executes market research in various areas, resulting in robust Category Strategies. Keeps abreast of market conditions and maintain an agile mindset to flex resources and external capacity as needed to meet changing business needs.
- Ensures optimize sourcing, supplier selection, pricing, contracting and commercialization while meeting quality and service level requirements for their spend area. This results in ensuring negotiation and implementation of global, regional and local agreements with suppliers to deliver the greatest overall value to The Nature’s Bounty Company. Monitors supplier performance on an ongoing basis and develops improvement plans as required.
- Liaises with various commercial teams to ensure two way dialogue and understanding of The Nature’s Bounty Company needs as well as industry trends and opportunities in their area of expertise.
- Supports new product, new technology or new initiative launches as applicable.
- For Direct Spend areas ensures that Oracle Costs Accounting Systems, standard costs and PPV are properly documented and managed.
- Other duties may be assigned as required