The Nature’s Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Manager of Global Technical Accounting & Reporting is a key member of the accounting team who supports the financial reporting department and the preparation of quarterly and annual reporting. In addition, this role supports the Corporate Accounting and global businesses within the Company by supporting the month end close, sharing knowledge and providing technical accounting research and guidance. This role will report to the Director of Global Technical Accounting and Reporting and drive improved controls and efficiencies in the reporting process.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the execution of the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes including completing reconciliations, escalation and resolution of issues, and meeting all associated deadlines
- Oversees the global financial reporting consolidation process ensuring financial statements are complete and accurate
- Support the implementation of the new systems, including a cash application and deduction management SaaS system.
- Prepare and review financial statement disclosures and other internal and external facing materials
- Support financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Spearhead cross-functional projects with domestic and international counterparts
- Support the accurate and timely preparation and delivery of all regular and ad hoc management reports
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC guidance to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements
- Collaborate on implementations of new accounting standards and updates to current policies, including the adoption of ASC 842 and ASC 326
- Author technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and provide guidance to other members of the Finance team
- Provide interpretation of new and proposed accounting pronouncements to assist stakeholders in assessing financial, operational and reporting implications
- Lead the development and standardization of global accounting policies
- Collaborate with various stakeholders including Business Development and Legal to support due diligence, and provide accounting guidance and insight around proposed transactions
- Special Projects as assigned