The Bountiful Company is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
Do you have a passion for environmental health and safety programs? Do you enjoy leading cross functional teams to achieve Operational Excellence in Safety?
If given the opportunity, would you be able to drive safety improvements in compliance, demonstrating your knowledge as it relates KPI’s and lower incident rates?
If so, look no further than The Bountiful Company. and our opening for an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for championing the EHS function for one of our facilities, which is a part of a growing organization within the upward trending Health and Wellness Industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and oversee the site’s Environmental Health and Safety Policy, Programs, and procedures.
- Perform health and safety inspection audits and reviews investigation reports to ensure that corrective actions will eliminate recurrence and unsafe acts/conditions.
- Analyze accident data to identify trends and accident types that can be prevented.
- Maintains compliance with current health and safety legislation and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of staff and visitors.
- Ensures that all regulations and codes are maintained throughout the plant facility and at all levels of production, warehouse, and office level throughout the organization.
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment meets safety regulations and that all equipment and tools are used correctly by all personnel.
- Responsible for proper care and maintenance of all facilities and equipment. Any and all areas used by associates, customers, vendors, must be free of hazards at all times.
- Ensures that all equipment such as fire extinguishers, hard hats, gloves, and ergonomic devices must be available and in good working condition.
- Understanding of safety laws, regulations, and language as it relates to state & federal.
- Responsible to conduct safety audits and implementing appropriate changes to correct or comply with regulations/standards.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies, committee members and staff to formulate corrective actions.
- Designs training for personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in the plant facility.
- Develops and implements accident investigation, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.