Position: Entry-Level Mental Health Advocate
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Avenica is currently recruiting for an Entry-Level Mental Health Advocate. The ideal candidate for this position is a recent college graduate interested in gaining experience in healthcare or the mental health field. Great opportunities for professional development and career growth. No experience required.
● Explain service and process, interpret benefit and eligibility, and follow up with clients for service satisfaction
● Screening and referral functions
● Register participants in the advocacy system and opens case files
● Screen participants and provider requests for services
● Educate participants with respect to parameters of services and benefits design and claim process
● Assist and supports care managers in the handling of crisis calls
● Provides follow-up calls to participants to assess level of service satisfaction
● Complete service tracking and initiates the Concern, Compliant, Grievance (CCG) process
● Assist Intake Coordinator, provides mentoring, and assists in training when necessary
● Participates in clinical/intake staff meeting and in-service seminars
● Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in mental health/social sciences field
● Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve best possible solutions
● Ability to understand client and business partner needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
● Ability to receive and understand direction, ask questions when appropriate, and manage time to work effectively and independently
● Highly motivated with initiative to actively seek opportunities to broaden knowledge and improve skills
● Strong counseling skills – must demonstrate warmth and empathy with client
● Strong conflict-resolution skills – must be able to tolerate irate callers or those who are in a crisis
● Flexible and creative problem-solver – every call is different, so candidate must be able to be comfortable “thinking on their feet'
● Strong receptiveness to feedback from supervisor and mentor
● Self-directed and independent, coupled with good judgment in making decisions
Avenica is a national recruiting firm specializing in matching recent college graduates to entry-level, career-track positions within great. Using a proven, personalized process, we’re able to connect grads with opportunities that fit with their skills, career goals, and interests. Regardless of your major or experience level; whether you’re right out of college and looking for your first real job, or a few years out and looking to redirect your career, we’ll help you identify your transferable skills, discuss potential career options, and coach you on your resume and interview skills. To learn more, visit our website at www.Avenica.com.
Avenica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants of all ages, experiences, and backgrounds to apply for open positions. Avenica does not discriminate on the basis an applicant’s age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance.