New Healthcare role with National company!
Responsible for performing complex Billing and/or specialized collection functions by interfacing with various departments, insurance carriers, and patients while ensuring good relations.
- Employee will consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Identify payment and denial trends and communicate to Supervisor of Collections.
- Provides timely resolution to incoming calls to Billing and Collections.
- Documents all calls clearly and precisely at time of call.
- Performs necessary follow-up to ensure timely resolution of appeals, rebilling's, obtaining updated insurance information, identifying and correcting billing errors,
- Meets department productivity standards.
- Maintains current working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes, required modifiers and encounter data.
- Maintains up-to-date information on Medicare laws, HCFA requirements, contractual arrangements and other third party payer requirements.
- Responsible for review and assignment of payer fatal edits from clearinghouse and documenting edits and resolution for audit.
- Apply knowledge of third party payer guidelines in reviewing denied claims to ensure appropriate use of modifiers and CPT/ICD-9 codes.
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent.
- Some college preferred.