The overall purpose of this position is to scan, palletizing, and staging of product for Distribution Centers and Sewell Drivers. Accountable for safety and cleanliness in the material handling and receiving areas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The hours for this position are Sunday through Thursday, 3:30pm start until finish. Additional days/hours or adjustment to daily start time may change due to holiday or additional workload.
- Product is removed from conveyor belt, scanned, and staged in the appropriate Distribution Center area.
- Create and wrap pallets that correspond with the appropriate Distribution Center, which will be loaded onto the appropriate truck for nightly line haul departure.
- Stage all Sewell orders/products at appropriate route loading dock/door for loading when Delivery Drivers start their shift.
- Maintain coolers and receiving dock work areas in a clean and organized manner for safe and effective operation.
- Understand the material handling of product in a production environment, where orders/volume determine the daily finish time.
Required Education and Experience:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, which requires managing within deadlines
- Ability to use Forklift, Electric and Manual Pallet Jacks, RF Scanners, and any other warehouse-related equipment.
- Prior knowledge/experience working with or handling fresh flowers (or other perishables).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change in a positive manner.
We offer an excellent and comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, voluntary accident insurance, PTO time and 401(k) Plan.
For over 60 years Delaware Valley Floral Group has been providing Professional Retail Florists with the finest in Fresh Cut Flowers and Greens, Floral Supplies, and Botanicals. Delaware Valley Floral Group, Inc. began as a small family business in 1959 and has grown to become one of the largest floral distribution companies in the United States. Our modern, 100,000+ square foot Corporate Headquarters, located in Sewell, New Jersey, is supplemented by satellite Logistics, Distribution, and Sales facilities in Edison, NJ, Jessup, MD, Hauppauge, NY, East Berlin, CT, Cranberry, PA, Plains, PA, Shrewsbury, MA, Syracuse, NY, Richmond, VA and Oxnard, CA.
Delaware Valley Floral Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work force at all levels of the business thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our customers, our employees and our communities.