You can 'build things' anywhere . . . so choose to work for a company that values what you bring to the table, provides you with an opportunity to succeed, challenges your skills, grows your talent, makes safety a priority, and gives you the chance to build a real career - one filled with challenge, passion, pride, and satisfaction. Check out our opening at Welbilt's Frymaster facility today!
The Material Handler I primary function is to deliver materials and equipment to their proper locations following prescribed practice or instructions.
Reporting directly to the Production Supervisor, this position is based in Shreveport, Louisiana.
We put the 'fast' in fast food and the refinement in fine dining. We put the icy refreshment in sodas and the 'rocks' in signature cocktails. Be part of an industry that touches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodservice innovation!
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize hand trucks, hoists, powered industrial trucks, and other handling equipment to move materials and products as needed
- Perform cycle counts and required inventory management functions
- Responsible for dumping scrap in assigned areas
- Exercise proper care in the use and storage of equipment, and materials. Stack all containers or pallets of parts neatly on the racks or the floor; keep aisleways clear
- Removal of large cardboard boxes and/or skids to the designated area
- Complete and maintain accurate electronic processes and paperwork (including but not limited to checklists, stamping, blueprints, bar coding, and shipping/receiving systems)
- Detect and report faulty equipment, improper operations, and unusual conditions to supervision
- Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain work area in a neat, clean and orderly condition
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Less than one year of experience
- Must understand Kanban techniques, utilization of CRT's and the computer system as it applies to the department
- Must understand CRT, and material handling scanning capabilities
- Stand and walk on concrete up to 100% of work day
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs alone and over 50 lbs with assistance
- Ability to climb and balance
- Ability to use hands to reach and to handle or feel
- Manual dexterity in hands for tool usage
- Ability to visually inspect product
- Work in non-temperature controlled environments
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
*In addition to industry-leading fryers, the Welbilt, Inc. - Shreveport, Louisiana operation (Frymaster) manufactures commercial fryer filtration equipment (built-in and portable), foodservice equipment computers, water-bath rethermalizers and pasta cookers. The facility in Shreveport is a division of Welbilt, Inc.