Looking for a new and challenging position? Join Welbilt, the leader in foodservice innovation. We have opportunities to join our teams of assemblers, machinists, and welders who are skilled at their craft, take pride in their work, and thrive on building excellence. Apply today to be part of Welbilt's Parsons facility*.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
As Material handler II, you will be responsible for moving and loading/unloading of material in accordance with established procedures and guidelines to ensure quality, safety, and productivity standards are met to satisfy customer requirements.
Reporting directly to the Production Supervisor, this position is based in Parsons, Tennessee*.
- Move materials as needed
- Inspect product to ensure requirements are met
- Complete electronic processes
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Utilize hand trucks, hoists, and other material handling equipment to move materials and products as needed for production, shipping, or waste management
- Operate hand tools (including but not limited to electrical and pneumatic powered tools)
- Construct shipping containers, prepare product for shipment, and crate and/or band product as required
- Inspect product to insure conformance to quality, engineering standards, and customer requirements
- Complete and maintain accurate electronic processes and paperwork (including but not limited to checklists, stamping, blueprints, bar coding, and shipping/receiving systems)
- Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards
- Perform duties in accordance with current Quality Management System, Safety Management System, and Manitowoc Code of Conduct requirements
- Actively participate in safety training and demonstrate competency by effectively resolving safety issues or bringing them to the attention of management
- Basic math and reading comprehension skills
- Basic ability to read, speak, and understand English language
- Must be able to meet company requirements to maintain Forklift certification (for shipping and receiving only)
- Ability to demonstrate safe and effective operation of all required material handling equipment
- Stand and walk on concrete up to 100% of work day
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs alone and over 50 lbs with assistance
- Ability to climb and balance
- Ability to use hands to reach and to handle or feel
- Manual dexterity in hands for tool usage
- Ability to visually inspect product
- Work in non-temperature controlled environments
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
*For over 40 years, Kolpak in Parsons, Tennessee has manufactured dependable, energy-efficient walk-in coolers, freezers, and refrigeration units for the foodservice industry under leading brand name Kolpak. The facility in Parsons is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need