Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Marketing department is seeking to fill internships for Summer 2019. The purpose of this department is:
- To lead the development and execution of marketing communications that build Allstate brand consideration and preference, contributing to business objectives.
- To drive brand consistency and broaden the brand footprint across all media based on Allstate brand standards and guidelines.
- To deliver marketing communications with operational excellence
- Support Regional Marketing field teams by developing, managing and delivering effective marketing programs that increase household acquisition, cross sell, retention and profitability.
2019 Summer Internships Available:
Consumer Marketing Internship: Allstate Life & Retirement Marketing
The Consumer Marketing Intern will support the strategic development and implementation of integrated marketing communications plans and programs that support Allstate’s Life & Retirement marketing strategies. The intern will work closely with a Manager to gain hands-on practical experience in Marketing at Allstate.
The individual will be responsible for:
- Completing a specific job / project responsibility over the course of the internship.
- Day-to-day planning, developing and executing various Allstate initiatives within the target segments.
- Interfacing with various internal constituents (regional / field marketing, marketing measurement and analytics, legal, etc.)
- Daily interaction with external vendors such as ad agencies and media representatives
Regional Marketing Internship
The Regional Marketing Intern will oversee education and support for Home Office agency-facing marketing programs. This collaborative, highly-engaged person, will work cross functionally with Home Office partners as well as regional marketing teams to support the introduction and engagement of new and existing marketing programs for agency owners.
The individual will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with new agent and digital team members and cross function teams throughout organization.
- Assist with the development and execution of overall communication and engagement plan in support of change management efforts.
- Provide ongoing education and support to agency owners, including regional presentations, visits, webinars, and phone consultations.
- Serve as field liaison for day-to-day agency digital operations including monitoring and responding to agent inquiries.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Organized, diligent and detail-oriented
- Takes initiative, positive attitude and willingness to help team as needed
- Must be a rising senior-level college student or graduate student
- Must have Marketing and/or Communications coursework
*Please note all applicants will be considered for both roles during the interview process and then placed based on best fit.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.