Why Welbilt? That's easy... we're not your typical manufacturing company. We're building the industry's most incredible foodservice equipment; we’re thinking outside the box to work smarter, not harder through Lean/Six Sigma methodologies; and we’re bringing innovation to life each and every day with the industry's most talented workforce. Check out our opening at Welbilt's Delfield facility *today!
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers’ Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
As a General Supervisor will be responsible for quality and quantity produced in this area. In addition to this, he/she has to direct the workers in Safety as well. Advice the workers how to handle the workflow by directing them. Fulfill the total amount of units to be built in accordance to the production plan. Further on control the workflow, checking the availability of materials.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, this position is based in Covington, Tennessee.
- Directs operations of multiple departments and/or shifts to ensure safety, productivity, quality and housekeeping goals are met.
- Sets goals and manages results for subordinate supervisors or team leaders on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and adhered to by direct reports.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates production activities and processes; ensures adequate human and material resources to maintain production schedules according to process specifications; oversees multi-processes and possibly over multiple shifts.
- Identifies significant manpower and workflow problems and initiates corrective actions.
- Facilitates internal continuous improvement processes.
- Supports adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Assists in the broad formulation of manufacturing policies and procedures.
- Defines training requirements of subordinate supervisors and shop floor employees.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s Degree in the engineering or similar field preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience or 10 years’ experience in lieu of degree.
- Good interpersonal skills to influence team members.
- Six Sigma Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- QAD EE Experience
- Good software applications skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- knowledgeable of ISO, Quality system requirements, Lean Principles and policies; Six Sigma Yellow Belt, or higher, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) for the job being performed.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff.
*The Delfield Company in Covington, Tennessee manufactures world class product brands such as Delfield® and Multiplex®. Products include prep tables, worktop refrigeration, refrigerated equipment stands, mobile serving lines, custom refrigeration, frozen beverage dispensing equipment. The facility in Mt. Pleasant is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world’s top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.