- Continuously improve processes by using Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma tools; and facilitate 5-day Kaizen events. Waste identification and elimination and drive productivity improvements throughout facility.
- Assist/mentor production departments in problem-solving initiatives to improve first-pass-yields, reduce defects/scrap, etc. Utilize analytical tools and methodologies such as A3, Fishbone, 5-Whys, FMEA, etc.
- Ensure plant processes are properly documented from work instructions (Standard Work) through completion of drawings
- Ensure assembly times are monitored and documented, and related issues tracked, to provide input on needed improvements. Line/Operator Balance Charts, Yamzumi, etc.
- Prepare and revise Bills of Materials (Product Structures), drawings and work instructions for Manufacturing while interacting with hourly employees and office personnel.
- Support Lean Initiatives throughout the plant while working cross functionally with other team members, identify potential areas for improvement. Primarily responsible for process design and modifications.
- Continuously improve the work flow and procedures in the assembly of equipment
- Research, source, and document proposals for new equipment and manufacturing methods. Implement solutions when approved.
- Perform role on Safety Incident Investigation Teams, as needed. Conduct safety inspections and tasks as required. Assist with creating Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Work on special projects; including equipment justification, sales equipment redesign/new design and shop efficiency improvements. Conduct feasibility studies, determine manpower and cost estimates, and develop engineering criteria. Perform analyses to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems and components.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical preferred) with a minimum of 4 years of experience in engineering from a manufacturing background required.
- Exposure/certified in LEAN manufacturing and/or Six Sigma preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including intermediate skills in Excel required Basic Knowledge of PLC's and troubleshooting language, preferred.
- Job requires selected candidate to go to jobsites or production factory environment including heat, cold, wet, dry, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly in English in both written and oral and make presentations to people with varying levels of education and experience both within and outside of the company.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time.
- Work environment: Primarily manufacturing environment with some office work. Requires routine mobility throughout the facility. May be required to work off-schedule hours to meet goals and objectives. Must be able to operate plant material handling equipment. The work and order flow require flexibility with ongoing planning revisions. Demand for flexibility in solutions and revisions to implemented solutions.
•In addition to industry-leading fryers, the Welbilt, Inc. - Shreveport, Louisiana operation (Frymaster) manufactures commercial fryer filtration equipment (built-in and portable), foodservice equipment computers, water-bath rethermalizers and pasta cookers. The facility in Shreveport is a division of Welbilt, Inc. Welbilt, Inc. designs, manufactures and supplies best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. Welbilt offers customers unparalleled operator and patron insights, collaborative kitchen solutions, culinary expertise and world-class implementation support and service, whether locations are around the corner or across the globe. With operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia, the company has a portfolio of best-in-class brands including Cleveland, Convotherm®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln, Manitowoc® Ice, Merco®, Multiplex®, Merrychef®, Servend® and Manitowoc® Beverage Systems.