Our engineering teams are endlessly creative in their mission to build the world's most incredible foodservice equipment for our customers. We think outside the box to design the most efficient and reliable components. Our mission is to bring innovation to life each and every day with visionaries like you.
If this gets your taste buds tingling, what are you waiting for? Discover the Welbilt career opportunities open now.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
As Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for providing day to day support to production on Manufacturing Engineering related matters to ensure availability for assembly processes & equipment to collaborate on Production's metrics & goal achievement, meeting the applicable Safety, Quality, Health & Environmental and Human Resources policies and procedures.
Reporting directly to the Operation Excellence Manager, this position is based in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan*.
- Ensures plant processes are properly documented from work instructions through completion of drawing
- Works to continuously improve processes by using Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma tools
- Ensures Product Structures are correct
- Ensures assembly times are monitored and documented, and related issues tracked, to provide input on needed improvements
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Assists in preparing and revising Bills of Materials (Product Structures), drawings and work instructions for Manufacturing while interacting with hourly employees and office personnel.
- Works on special projects including equipment justification, sales equipment redesign/new design and shop efficiency improvements. Conducts feasibility studies, determines manpower and cost estimates, and develops engineering criteria. Performs analyses to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems and components.
- Supports Lean Initiatives throughout the plant. Working cross functionally with other team members, has primary responsibility for process design and modifications. Continuously improving the work flow and procedures in the assembly of equipment
- Researches, sources, and documents proposals for new equipment and manufacturing methods. Implements solutions when approved.
- Performs role on Safety Incident Investigation Teams, as needed. Conducts safety inspections and tasks as required. Creating Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years of Experience
- Experience with Autodesk 2015 2D and 3D;
- Exposure/certified in LEAN manufacturing and/or Six Sigma.
- Microsoft office applications used frequently.
- Good interpersonal skills to influence team members.
*The Delfield Company in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan manufactures world class product brands such as Delfield® and Multiplex®. Products include prep tables, worktop refrigeration, refrigerated equipment stands, mobile serving lines, custom refrigeration, frozen beverage dispensing equipment. The facility in Mt. Pleasant is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.