The Manager, Infrastructure Platform Engineering will manage the IT infrastructure team. This role will partner with Global IT manager peers and others in the IT GIS services towers and coordinate, manage, track and report on all Global Infrastructure services and projects supported by the global based IT team. This role will manage communication between all GIS service towers including Server, Storage, Networking, End User Support, Cloud, and DBA as well as sponsors, users and other IT personnel to resolve issues regarding overall operations status and strategy. This role will be responsible for adherence to meet current best practices and security standards resulting in high functionality and performance while ensuring close to zero downtime.
- Leadership responsibility including personnel management, performance reviews, daily operations and project oversight.
- Leverages best practices approach towards projects, implementations, and issue resolutions; ability to provide status updates and reports
- Assist team with advanced technical support for escalated issues and work with vendors to resolve more complex issues.
- Responsible for support and management of IPE support ticket queue.
- Respond to Incident Management to identify root causes and strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Responsible for monitoring solutions and support of a 24X7X365 global operation.
- Create, maintain documentation global infrastructure environments.
- Research and recommend new technologies, enhancements and configuration changes to improve infrastructure performance and efficiency.
- Work with users and IT leadership to gain insight on requirements, needs, and user experience.
- Takes responsibility for the documentation and execution of large-scale projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- In-depth knowledge of SCCM, Microsoft Server OS versions including 2012, 2016, and 2019, Linux and Linux-like OS versions.
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Knowledge of SAN Administration.
- Knowledge of Virtualization: VMWare, Citrix XenDesktop, and XenApp
- Knowledge of Cloud Hosting technologies including AWS and Azure.
- Security: Familiarity with CIS, NIST, and Data Privacy laws.
- Experience with Office365 platform (MS Teams, Office 2016, SharePoint, OneDrive) and Exchange
- Working knowledge with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and SMTP.
- Monitoring Tools: LogicMonitor and Solarwinds
- Windows and ITIL Certifications are preferred.
- Experienced in asset management tools and techniques
- Experience in monitoring operations and providing metrics
- Hands-on hardware support experience
- Must possess proven analytical ability and high-level technical background
- Ability to prioritize and complete project tasks within required deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing in diverse situations with all levels of management, vendors, customers (internal), and peers
- Experience following ITIL standards.
- Proven experience designing and leading hosting modernization efforts, including creating and updating documentation as part of infrastructure implementations.
- Proven ability to write and/or implement scripts for automation.
- Must have a customer-focused attitude
- Prior leadership and mentoring to other system engineers and support team members
- Skilled in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as CIS, PCI-DSS, NIST, ISO-27001, and HiTrust is highly preferred.
- Understanding and awareness of the business impact of critical incidents.
- General understanding of business processes.
This role does have supervisory responsibilities. They will have about 5 direct reports.
BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent degree, technical training, or equivalent experience can be substituted for degree. MCP, MCP or MCSE preferred.
Minimum Years of Experience:
5+ years experience with Microsoft office technologies, Linux, Cloud, and Customer support.
- Frequent phone and computer use
- Creating written communications
- Able to sit/stand at a desk
- Able to bend, sit, stand, lift boxes or equipment (between 0-15 lbs)
- Able to travel occasionally both domestically and internationally