The Maintenance Technician provides support, and is accountable for delivering on our commitments to our residents. This includes quality move-ins, residential satisfaction, expedited service, and personal attention to the resident. The Maintenance Technician responds to our resident's service needs and is instrumental in helping Cushman & Wakefield deliver superior customer service to our residents.
- Prepares Market Ready apartments, which may include painting, carpet repairs, cleaning, general repairs, housekeeping duties, and any necessary duties to provide our residents with that quality move in experience.
- Responds to resident requests in a timely manner and with a professional attitude.
- Has knowledge of maintenance functions such as plumbing, HVAC, basic electric, general carpentry skills, painting, and snow removal (if applicable).
- Maintains grounds, pools/ hot tubs, common areas, and dog park amenities to keep clean, operational, and safe for our residents.
- On call scheduling may be required to respond to after hour emergencies.
- Reports any maintenance concerns on vacant units, models, and common areas, to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs maintenance as scheduled by the Maintenance supervisor.
- Knowledgeable of state, local, and federal fair housing laws.
- Attends and participates in training programs as required by Cushman & Wakefield.
- Performs duties as assigned, in a timely manner.
- Delivers superior customer service and represents the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Dresses per Cushman & Wakefield appearance standards.
- Maintains and safeguards all company tools and equipment.
- Achieves high productivity through reliable and punctual on-site attendance, and timely reports any tardiness and/or attendance issues to immediate supervisor.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years in an upscale customer service/concierge setting preferred
- Existing knowledge of neighborhood and community preferred
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Driver's license
- EPA 608 - Minimum Type II - State-specific (not required in all states)
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.